Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions govern the Greener Cuckfield Photography Competition 2022. The competition organisers are Greener Cuckfield. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Greener Cuckfield.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to anyone 18 and under that lives in Cuckfield. except those directly involved with the competition and judging.
As entrants will be under the age of 18 each entrant must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions. Greener Cuckfield will contact a parent or guardian of the winners to fill in a consent form before sharing with the results of the competition with the general public.
The closing date for submissions is 11.59pm on 31 August 2022. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
Your entry must be submitted in .jpg or .png format and emailed to email@example.com using ‘NATURE PICTURE’ as the subject for the email. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
Contact details will need to be provided, including the photographer’s name, and a telephone number or email address for the photographer’s parent/guardian. Personal details will only be used for the purpose of administering the competition and will not be published or provided to anyone outside of the competition partnership without the photographer’s permission.
By submitting images to Greener Cuckfield Photography Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Greener Cuckfield and will indemnify Greener Cuckfield against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Greener Cuckfield;
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Greener Cuckfield and will indemnify Greener Cuckfield against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
What to enter
Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 5MB file. Entries must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other photographic competition.
A maximum of five entries may be entered per applicant.
An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
All plants must be non-cultivated.
Domestic pets and farm animals are not eligible, nor are native or exotic wildlife photographed in zoos, sanctuaries, shows and fairs or similar locations.
If your photograph includes people, please do not include people that will be recognisable in your photographs.
Greener Cuckfield reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
A panel of Judges will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition. Judging will be made up of selected Greener Cuckfield committee members and volunteers. Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winner. The organisers will select judges from a wide interest pool to ensure objectivity is maintained from year to year.
Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
Announcement of winners
Judges will choose the winner and commended photographers. All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery once consent is confirmed from parents or guardians.
The overall winners will be announced on the Greener Cuckfield Facebook Page on 6th September 2022.
By entering the competition, you grant Greener Cuckfield a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. More specifically to use:
- At presentation events, including exhibiting the images in and around Cuckfield.
- On the Greener Cuckfield website, Greener Cuckfield social media channels and Greener Cuckfield email communications.
- In Cuckfield Life for the purposes of promoting future competitions and raising funds for Cuckfield’s wildlife.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Greener Cuckfield.
- In conjunction with any sponsors to further promote this photography competition.
The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
We will keep your details on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights) send you information about the annual photography competition and other information about Greener Cuckfield. We value your support and do not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside the Greener Cuckfield committee.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Greener Cuckfield excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Greener Cuckfield’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Greener Cuckfield’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
You agree to indemnify Greener Cuckfield and keep Greener Cuckfield indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Greener Cuckfield as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Greener Cuckfield reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Cuckfield Life.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prize Terms and Conditions
Cuckfield High Street Vouchers
- There will be one overall winner, who will be announced by Greener Cuckfield on Facebook page on 6th September 2022
- The competition prize comprises of £20 Cuckfield high street voucher for the overall winners, £10 for the runners up. No cash alternative.
- All entrants must have permission from a parent or a guardian.
- To claim the prize, the winner’s parent or guardian must agree for their child’s details (name and age) to be shared via social media.